“BROKEN” - A Poem


“As a kid, I was told ghost stories’
‘Growing up made me realize “these tales’ were real.”-They exist within me.”
“I aimlessly strolled downtown and found myself wandering besides the city’s cemetery. I went inside and sat down reluctantly”.
“I looked at the graves with envy, wishing I could lie peacefully.
“This haunted place feels like home.”
“The silent screams keep me calm.”
“That shadowy figure frightens me not.”
“I have faced fear….”Fear” that I find incomparable to any horific event.
“I have been pushed to the wall…So hard that my reasoning is gone.”
“I  feel shattered ;Like a glass that fell off a cliff.”
“My Right spirit has left me”.
“….and my soul, Spiraling in agony.”

“I have lost my senses, Peace, Sanity, and Faith.”
“I detest sleep because any time I shut my eyes, The terrific event haunts me”.

“His face-Cruel”
“I resisted, He came closer”
“I screamed but his hefty hands suppressed my wails and agony.’
“I vowed to speak out, He threatened……”

“I have lost faith in Humanity.”
“I feel filthy, defiled, rejected…….’

“So next time you come across me strolling aimlessly inside the cemetery in your neighborhood, Judge me not. Don’t call me a ‘Lunatic”
“…At times the worst that can happen to a sixteen year old is to be sexually abused by her Comforter…. Her Father…. especially if her mother is gone…. and she has no siblings.”
-----Scared to tell and ashamed to explain or perhaps traumatized to understand why?
-Emotional Trauma is the worst kind of trauma.
-It kills the soul, deteriorates Physical well being and haunts the Mind.
-Say no to Violence.
-To the affected, “Speak out no matter the odds, it helps a lot.
As written By Saduwo Banyawa
200level student of the Department of Mass Communication.
PROUDLY AN NFCSer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NFCS IN HISTORY

NFCS Cultural Carnival 2023.... Praise night..28/10/2023..

NFCS PRESIDENT'S WELCOME SPEECH TO YEAR ONE STUDENTS